Monday 12 September 2016

DEAR DIARY

    "say Ha" is a normal expression used by nursing mothers when they want their kids to open their mouth and take a spoonful of cereal or whatever food it was they had in the plate but in my case, I wasn't begged to leave my mouth ajar in bewilderment and shock as the slap landed heavily against my cheeks.
  The slap was so hard I thought the flesh on my cheeks had stuck to her palms. I quickly placed mine against my face and heaved a sigh of relief.
   First Priscilla then Peace then Prince and it was finally my turn to leave my mouth ajar in disbelief. I totally didn't see the slap coming.  It was a quick flash of her palms and a sound like someone trying to kill a giant mosquito feasting on human skin with intent to save the world from Malaria not a angry slap from spilling coke...as bad as it was it was just coke and it was totally wrong of her to have given me that.  If only I could find the words to confront and correct her.
I stood searching for the right words to explain the misunderstanding and the shocking awkward moment but the words wouldn't come.
They stared at me with crossed brows and I stared back with bulgy eyebags.

1 comment: