Thursday 29 September 2016

DEAR DIARY

Scene four
Episode two
  
    You remember back in nursery school when we had a topic called ' Fill in the gap' ? I was very good at it even till senior school when it became lexis and structure. Now i needed that acquired knowledge to close up the space between Prince and i without moving away from my seat.  It was an impossible possibility and the only way i could destroy the bridge between us and put an end to the jokes was to make him guilty for the other day. It was a trick i had played on other people to draw them into a serious conversation and it was working.  I was over the pain from that day so bringing it back didn't make me feel like a lesser person but Prince still had the hang of it. He kept apologising and promising to make it up to me if i wasn't satisfied with the day's treat. If only he knew a bottle of coke with him even in a cheap restaurant was enough to purge him of all his sins.  I pressed my lips together in that smile that always made my mum give me whatever i ask for,that smile that made me look very adorable and i knew was working its magic on my current target.  He smiled back, tilted his head to the side and heaved a sigh. I could tell i was already building a castle as big as the tower of babel in his heart and God didn't seem to disagree with that idea. He was with me.
Gracious Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment