Thursday 29 September 2016

DEAR DIARY

Scene four.
Episode one.
 
   I picked the date and the place. It was my favourite eatery and the closest to my street so i didn't have to worry about traffic and transport.
I put everything on outfit. My favourite blue jean, my sleek lilac tank top, a cool shirt and my everyday face cap. It was too simple for a first date but it was summer and it protected me from the unforgiving heat from the blistering of the rays of sweltering sun. It was comfortable and didn't make my mum suspect i was going on a date.
African parents don't like the idea of teenage dating but like the saying "life starts when you are a teen" i was ready to live and not just exist.  Coincidentally, Prince and i wore similar outfit except his inner was a white round neck, his shirt was brighter than mine and he wore sneakers. Unlike me, i had worn my heeled sandals to elevate my height a bit. No one likes a 'short rat' for a date and i was willing to do everything to impress him.  I ordered for chicken and chips and of course a bottle of coke to cool with. Prince said he wasn't hungry so he took only a bottle of fanta.
I wanted us to sit on the sofas at the corners of the room where we could sit next to each other and maybe touch each other's hand every time 'accidentally'. A little intimacy on a first wasn't so much of a big deal.  But Prince preferred the spot directly in  front of the Air conditioner. The exact spot my friend Labake and Esther had picked the previous year when celebrating our success in an impromptu speech i competed in.
The exact spot that prohibited ' accidental touches'

The spot that caused our conversation to be clean, clear and hilarious.
If only we weren't three feet apart. 😢

No comments:

Post a Comment