Tuesday 4 October 2016

DEAR DIARY

Scene five
Episode four

  Even though i felt the arms of shame embrace me as i recalled how i slipped and spilled my bottle of coke on Priscillia and how the same liquid flowed down my hair , entering my nose, crossing to the tip of my nose and soaking my cloth even to my bra as Peace wickedly drenched me, i didn't leave the counter without another bottle of the drink.
  When you love something or even someone, you never forfeit them for the world despite their flaws and imperfections. Besides a mere bottle of coke couldn't be the cause of the misfortune and mistakes that happened in the past weeks. Don't be ridiculous, there was nothing supernatural about everything.
Maybe except, Peace's ridiculous fight for no reason.
   Karmsi sensed the sudden change in my mood and didn't need to ask what was bothering me. She knew my fears. She had asked me if i really wanted us to go out and i had told her it was fine. She sighed, took my hands in hers when we sat and began to talk.
".... don't let the past define your present emotions"
The cute attendant passed us and our eyes met. He grinned and i frowned then looked away.
" i think that guy has been staring at me weirdly...maybe he was there, maybe he remembers" karmsi laughed and told me i was being paranoid.
"you need to take a chill pill. Guy sure has good eyes" She winked and as i smiled my eyes wandered off to the attendants direction . He was talking to some customers at the other end. The part of the eatery with a sofa and the air conditioner was just above them. What was wrong with people and air conditioners?  I wanted to see the faces of the girls that seemed to also have the same relationship Prince and Karmsi had with air conditioners but the attendant obstructed my view.
I shifted my head to the right and left searching for a comfortable view but the attendant looked back and our eyes met again. He smiled and walked away, a barrier between me and the view i had wanted to see again for the pastweeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment