Tuesday 4 October 2016

DEAR DIARY

Scene five
Episode five

I could tell they were celebrating something and unlike me they knew what it was. Priscilla,Peace and Favour. The amazing instagram trio but unfortunately i didn't feel the same enthusiasm i had felt the first time i saw Priscilla even though it was my first time seeing Favour. They were more like humans to me than gods as i seemed to have mistaken them for at the very beginning.
   The attendant walked pass our table and even though i felt him staring at me,i didn't spare him a glance. My vision was glued to  the girls. Karmsi was complaining about the pizza taking forever to be done even though it was hardly three minutes since we sat down but i paid little attention to her as i fought within myself,the choices i had to make.
    I could walk over to the table,turn over their bottle of coke over their heads and run away from the eatery. It was the perfect place for my imagination because they wouldn't want to soil their image by running after me. If they dared , Linda Ikeji would have it boldly written on her blog "Priscilla Ojo, daughter of nollywood's best Iyabo Ojo in mortal combat with another minor" and as expected other blogs would jump into their sites and reframe the headline as if they were there. There would be pictures and if my face was caught on the camera, i would not only be popular , i would be a topic of mass humiliation.
  It was a bad choice. It was the devil in me speaking and i hurriedly banded it by the holy spirit. If i wanted to be of help to her,i had to set a good example. Show a level of maturity, step up my game and stop being a pathetic loser. Like Karmsi had said. "don't let your past define your present emotions" and judgement. The past was were it was and it was not too late to start over.
" are you thinking about them again?" she asked snapping me out of my thoughts and i nodded before pointing towards the seat occupied by the 'them' i was thinking of.
  She turned and saw them. It was her first time seeing them but she didn't even flinch or look twice. People sure had different ways of reacting to celebrities and hers was very reasonable.  I like the way she didn't ask what i wanted to say because i had no idea what i would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment