Tuesday 4 October 2016

DEAR DIARY

Scene four.
Episode ten.

   My ridiculous look infuriated her more. I could feel her anger boil to a hundred degrees . I wasn't giving her the fun she derived from watching me fight back, defend myself ,try to prove her wrong of the accusation she brought before me while she shushed me by wiping the cap against my face while cursing with profanities.
  She flung my cap away with a force that sent waves of fright through my spine and stood before me like a bull in a rodeo game. I gripped Prince's hand involuntarily for help. This time it was normal not the fantasy i used to make up in my head. He didn't have to be the knight in shiny armour,he was just the nearest male i could look up to for help.  He had been standing the whole time like he was in his Father's sitting room watching his favourite soap opera or an episode of Teenage Multan Ninja Turtle. He sure found everything intriguing until i touched him and even when he spoke it sounded very weak anyone would hear that it was laced with cowardice.  I hid behind him wanting him to fulfil the promises he made during lunch, that he would never be a coward and let something like the last incident happen again. He was right,this was different from the last incident, this was worse.
  " Zara, wh- what's all this? " he said again and she gave him that stern look that haunted me for several days after. I didn't blame him for stepping away but my alter ego did. He was weak,no doubt. He couldn't even fight for himself.  How could he be so scared of her? Who was she anyway? And why did i have to be the weak protagonist in this teens drama we were acting?  I took a deep breath determined to change the writer's script. I lifted up my bottle of coke and held it like a weapon threatening to hit her if she didn't back off but she wasn't frightened.
  She snatched the bottle from me but i held on tightly,struggling with both hands while she handled it with just one.  I didn't struggle for long, she successfully snatched the bottle and stretched to her full length wearing a smirk of victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment