Tuesday 4 October 2016

DEAR DIARY

Scene five
Episode seven

  "Hi Priscilla, hi Peace, hi Favour so good to see you here"  i said and they replied with a snort, a scoff and a sluggish 'hi' respectively before pulling out their phones and pretending to be engrossed in a false chat.
  Priscilla didn't join them, she was just as excited to see me as i was to see her but while i was enthused to make peace with the enemy, she was ready to pounce on the flirt her friend had caught with her boyfriend.  She leaned forward ,placed her elbows on the table and her the back of her hands found shelter under her chin,supporting the weight of her curved neck.  She was ready to devour me if i said anything she didn't want to hear and maybe anything she was sure i'd say.  Ceteri Paribus , my every action was equal in her sight. No 'Yes', no 'No' amd my version didn't count whatever Peace told her had sank into her ears and my part of the story...i didn't even have a part in their story. I was just one short clumsy girl ruining everything.
  Her question almost swept me off my feet and i saw Peace carve her brow and Favour twitch her lips. Truth be told i was being a fool for kindness sake. Why didn't i just stay back and enjoy my pizza with Karmsi instead of walking over to pull hell's tail?
Anger replaced the flow of blood in my arteries and i felt my heartbeat increase. Again Karmsi's words swept in my heart... "Take a chill pill..." and i tuned her in. If i wanted to go pass the confrontation, i had to be calm,be reasonable and matured.  I heaved a sigh and bit my tongue, ready to explain what i was standing at her front for.

No comments:

Post a Comment