Tuesday 4 October 2016

DEAR DIARY

Scene five
Episode nine

  I straightened up and looked so deep into her eyes,i could see my reflection. My hair wasn't good looking but that wasn't what mattered.  What mattered was Karmsi was on the edge and i could feel her oozing with anger.
" i am so disappointed in you, Priscy. I expected you to be more cultured and disciplined but all i have seen in you is so much strife and pain because you are threatened by everything and everyone. You have no mind of yours and your friend Peace has been a bad influence..." Peace looked up and made to interrupt me but Priscilla gestured to her to be calm and keep quiet. Karmsi snickered very inaudibly, only i heard her and i felt  successful within me. I wasn't winning neither was i losing. I was making a point and with the look on Priscilla's face, i could tell my words were being nailed to her hypothalamus.
I continued " I believe you are an awesome person and you are just letting the fame you have cloud your judgement about other ordinary people. The rich talk to the rich and the famous to the famous, right? You don't want to be that way. " i paused letting my words sink into her mind before i continued "Everything that has happened in the past has been a misunderstanding. Our first meeting was my bad and i apologise again but i wasn't hitting on Prince. He isn't even worth it. No offence but he doesn't deserve you. I know am not in position to say this but Prince is not the best thing that can happen to you. Peace should have told you what he said." I threw her a questioned look and she pressed her lips together in withdrawal. "Peace, just so you know your behaviour the other day was uncalled for and you did not only embarrass me, you tarnished your own image too. Thank God no one took pictures. You might believe you can beat everyone up because you have the size of a professional bouncer but self control is stronger than a fist even sharper than a doubled edged sword.  I forgive you both and i hope you take my advice." Karmsi scratched my elbow.
She was feeling me. I was on fire.
Maybe self control wasn't the only thing sharper than a spear, words were and they fought for me dutifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment