Wednesday 5 October 2016

DEAR DIARY

Scene five
Episode eleven
   My faded smile bloomed again, bright and rosy as it was before the smirk she had planted on her face when she lifted her head from her phone. Her reply was a muscle relaxer. I had half expected something that would annoy me and irritate my ears,  something that would make me ask Karmsi to pull off her cap,throw it away and shove her phone down her throat.
  It did prove me right though, Favour had been listening to everything and her reply was an evidence that they had told her all that happened. The way people spread news . I wondered how many other people they had told in the name of having 'a hot gist'. Did i care? No, i had nothing to hide anymore and i could tell Favour liked me immediately.
   Priscilla and Peace were still laughing at Favour's reply and so was Karmsi and i. We all didn't expect to hear that from her. Laughing and giggling like nothing had gone wrong.
The past had been buried. "As much as i hate to share our pizza , i will go get it from the counter now. It should be ready." Karmsi smiled and crossed her arms "Karmsi Alaribe? " Priscilla asked and Karmsi nodded. "Oh my goodness, the foodie Karmsi ! Melvin's sister??" Karmsi laughed and nodded again. They began to talk and i humbly offered to get the pizza and our drinks to join them at their table while they did the proper greetings and introduction.
  So while everyone in the country was complaining about the 'change' that ruined the economy, my definition of a change was different. Priscilla and Peace were ready to change their impression about me and other ordinary people. Our official enemy status was going to change.
  We were going to be friends and i was going to change too.
Karmsi had ensured that, i would be Abigail and Abigail alone not 'The clumsy clown', not 'the flirt' just myself.  At the counter i picked up the box of Pizza and looked at the cute attendant, he smiled and surreptitiously tossed me a small paper.
"Please call me" it read and his mobile number was written handsomely on the next line. I looked up and he was gone.
This was going to best summer of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment