Tuesday 4 October 2016

DEAR DIARY

Scene four.
Episode eleven.

  Remember what i said the day Priscillia slapped me? It's better you don't remember i called it the worst day of my life because this day broke the record when she opened the bottle with just one flip of her fingers around the cover and turned it upside down.
  It happened before i could push her away,tear her to shreds or even say Jack Robinson. I shut my eyes hoping i would open them  to find out i had been in a terrible nightmare but when i opened them, the cold liquid flowed down my face and hair soaking my cloth. A droplet dripped into my eyes and it hurt so bad i thought i would go blind. I rubbed with my fingers,rubbed and rubbed but it only hurt more.
   She turned the bottle over till every last drop was wasted on me and my cloth was soaked enough to wipe a car without needing to dip in more water. I gasped for breath and covered my face with my hands.
   To be honest, the liquid was cool against my skin and the heat from the sun but it was coloured and it was in public.
   People were staring but non came closer to stop her from being a jerk. It was Lagos, the city where everyone minded their own business yet claimed to be more religious than other western states in the country. No one cared to be a 'brother's keeper' not even Prince.
  During my torture , i heard him try to stop Peace from hurting me further but a real man would have dragged her away, picked up my face cap ,take the Coca-Cola shower for me even take a bullet for me if she had one to empty into my chest. But he stood there, a weak and empty barrel without even a loud noise.
  I was highly disappointed in him yet not as much as i was in Peace but i was more disappointed in myself for being in such situation in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment