Tuesday 4 October 2016

DEAR DIARY

Scene five
Episode ten

   The look on their faces was priceless. Peace looked like she had been apprehended by a white cop and was scared of being shot for being a black. The recent killings of black people living abroad sure had an effect on everyone.
   Priscilla's eyes held a sparkle so bright,i could tell she bought everything i had said and would do anything to listen to more. I wasn't wrong, i could sense her interest. She liked me.  Favour on the other hand blanketed herself with her phone, avoiding a eye contact. One last selfie before she blasted me? Or was she capturing the first time an ordinary person stood up to her friend?
Priscilla stuttered and stammered as she talked. " You have....Prince is.... Peace didn't...Why should i..." Then she heaved a sigh and forced herself to say the long awaited truth. They were...' kind of' cruel. 'Kind of' tell me why you can't toss your pride aside and do the right thing.
  There was a time i would have done anything to be friends with her but with the bad first impression between us, things was definitely going to be different.
    I hadn't asked Peace to apologise to me before forgiving her because i knew even if my words pierced her heart, her pride wouldn't let her say the apology in words though it was painted on her face like the facial colour paints done for kids on children's day. She was apologetic.
   Who would have thought she would be apologetic?  Sometimes i wonder what would have happened if i had picked my first choice.      Maybe Karmsi and i would have been victorious because Peace's bottle of fanta was already empty and Maybe we still would have lost, they were three and the only person who could fight was Karmsi...definitely not me. I was a Peace Maker... I am still a peace maker even though i have also learnt to fight but only with the greatest weapon the world can ever create, my words.
   Anyway none of that mattered anymore. The past wasn't going to define the present, it was going to reshape our future as friends.

  Favour finally dropped her phone and turned to me with a smirk.

No comments:

Post a Comment