Tuesday 4 October 2016

DEAR DIARY

Scene five
Episode two

   To be honest, i had been hiding. Two days after the incident at Chicken republic, my mum sent me to buy her a bucket of chicken for some distant cousins who came to spend the summer holidays in Lagos.  I had never met them before and even if my mum thought they were sweet and respectful i hated them immediately she sent me that errand.  There was no way i could go back to the same place i had been humiliated only two days after. My wounds weren't healed and i could bet the floor wasn't dry of the coke i was bathed with.

I had already narrated in full details the date to Karmsi and she was sorry for me. She was very disappointed in Prince even more than i was and the look on her face when i told her what Peace did to me was enough to give Peace a stomach ache wherever she was at that time. I told her everything was fine and i was going to fix it however i could because i wanted her to feel better. She crucified herself for the ideas she out in my head and apologised for making me go but i explained she was wrong.
If she hadn't teased me,i still would have gone on the date. I already had the seedling of a crush in me and all she did was help water it.  Nothing seemed to make her feel better for her mistake and she felt indebted to me. It was for the greater good eventually, she came to my rescue and helped get the chicken from the eatery.  I avoided that eatery, that route and every road that reminded me of that day like a plague. It almost never happened but i was growing old in the house and i soon began to smell like kitchen utensils. I did have fun with my best friend in the house but she always wanted us to go out and it seemed like i was a self centered constraint.  The holidays was going to be over and everyone would go back to their normal lives, i didn't want to be the reason for the failure of the fun season so i decided to go out again. To give Karmsi a treat and celebrate myself.
Even though i wasn't quite sure what i was celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment