Tuesday 4 October 2016

DEAR DIARY

Scene four
Episode thirteen

Again, i felt my legs go weak and i slid to the ground for comfort. I picked up the face towel , dabbed it on my face and gently squeezed the liquid off my hair. The idea was to look fresh again and believe in my mind that non of it happened .  For a moment after they left, people hung around and stared as expected but never came near. I shamefully glimpsed into the eatery i had walked out from after a glorious meal of friend chicken and saw the attendants staring at me,shaking their heads and making those gestures done only by Ibadan gossips. No offence but they do it better. It's their number one talent.  But i looked around me almost a second after and everyone was back to their normal activity even I began to doubt any of the noise and act of hooliganism ever happened . It did though, if Prince's abandoned face towel wasn't enough evidence of existence, the brownish yellow stain on my tank top was a clear reminder of the short minutes of bullying i had been subjected to.
  I stood up, buttoned my shirt and picked up my face cap. Karmsi had to know this one. She had sweet talked me into it and even helped me pick up the right outfit for the date that turned out to be a total disaster and the best experience for a write up on ' The day i would never forget' . If she hadn't teased me about how Prince was sweet, charming and how he was the perfect match in her 'unlike-terms-attract' relationship chart  then non of this would have happened. I wasn't wrong to keep my infatuation away from her. I just didn't defend my belief.
  Now i know i wasn't wrong. I just didn't listen to my inner mind, something my Pastor refers to as the holyspirit. He sure warned me but i was blinded by the movie i was acting in my head. If only i hadn't been so stupid.  Its never too late to have a do over. Peace was a bully and she had fun beating people up.
   Prince was a flirt and he wasn't sorry. Dude didn't even care about being ditched by Priscillia which means she was the one holding tight.
It all made sense, she needed someone to fix up her self esteem. A girl like her deserved someone better than him.
  Who else could teach her about self esteem but a bull in a china shop?

No comments:

Post a Comment