Wednesday 5 October 2016

DEAR DIARY

Concluding part

Dear diary,
  If anyone had told me i'd have so much fun than i've ever had in my entire life in a month i would have disagreed because a month ago i had been suffering from antisocial personality disorder , refusing to chill with my best friend outside the four walls of my house or hers, unwilling to open the door of our friendship to new friends and allowing myself to be eaten up by trust issues and inability to feel free.
  Karmsi sure had no problem making new friends but with me,it was like i had a constraint holding my arms from embracing the thoughts of a new friendship even on group chats, i maintained my status as a ghost member and with the weird pictures and memes i used for my profile picture,there was no way anyone would be interested in me. I had no friend in school, no friend in church and even at home, Isaac was the only person i could call a friend even though he was more of 'that friend' than 'this friend'. You might think there is no difference but there is if you know what i am saying.
My new friends were the bomb! Beautiful, Fashionable,Fun-loving and Outgoing. Our fresh start was the best as we already knew everything we had to know about each other. I knew Priscilla dos and donts, Peace's hot temperament and they both knew how my palms get sweaty and my limbs go weak when i get to a place i haven't been before or meet someone i haven't met before. Rome wasn't built in a day, i was going to learn to set down my fear and focus on what was more important: Never letting anyone intimidate me again.
  We did hang out with Favour too and till now i still don't know if she is more of a foodie than Karmsi or if Karmsi is still the only one worthy of a ' World's greatest foodie' award, if such thing ever existed but i do know that while my best friend added weight over the summer, our numerous lunch,brunch and quick snacks at eateries had no effect on Favour's body weight. Only God knows where all the food went.  You might wonder what happened to Prince and as much as i hate to mention him ,it wouldn't kill to chip in a little gossip.

1 comment: